Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Tuesday Tidbits....

What's a tidbit?
(a) A morsel.
(b) A nugget.
(c) A cool fact.
(d) All of the above.

If you answered (d) all of the above, you would be 100% correct. I read a lot of interesting things throughout my week and I thought it would be fun to share some of the cool "tidbits" that I encounter.

Today's tidbit comes from one of my favorite people in history -- Benjamin Franklin. Not only was he an amazing statesman, scientist, writer, and inventor, but he also doled out all kinds of great advice in his Poor Richards Almanac. I have selected ten interesting pieces of advice from good old Ben. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did!

Better slip with foot than tongue. (Very true.)

Fish & visitors stink in 3 days.  (Good to know!)

He that lives upon hope, dies farting.   (What?)

She that paints her face, thinks of her tail.  (Huh?)

God heals, and the doctor takes the fees.  (Yep!)

If you wou’d not be forgotten
As soon as you are dead and rotten,
Either write things worth reading,
or do things worth the writing.  (Very true.)


Well done is better than well said.  (I totally agree!)

Wish not so much to live long as to live well.  (Amen, B.F.)

Eat to please thyself, but dress to please others.  (Interesting.)

A good wife & health, is a man's best wealth. (Yep!)

No comments:

Post a Comment