Sunday, February 19, 2012

Sunday Ramblings...."The Glad Ride"

Blue Bird Holding a White Flower

We have added a very special item to our morning routine. During our ride to school every weekday morning, I sing a "Veggie Tale" song called "This is the Day" to the boys and it goes like this....

This is the day, this is the day, that the Lord has made, that the Lord has made.
I will rejoice, I will rejoice and be glad in it, and be glad in it.
Oh, this is the day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it.
This is the day, this is the day, that the Lord has made!

Then I say something that I have said to myself every day for many years...

Blessed the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad. (Psalm 118:24)

During our ride to school last Wednesday, I said, "Let's have a 'Glad Ride' today. I'm going to say three things that I'm glad for and each of you can pick three things that you are glad for, okay?"

The boys looked at each other, scrunched up their shoulders, and said "Okay! Let's do it!"

So I went first and said three things that I was glad for and each of the boys said their things, and you know what happened? You could literally feel the mood in our car change. It was amazing! We each shifted our perspective to gratitude and happiness and we were all happier for it.

We are going to do the "Glad Ride" every morning from now on and see how it can transform our moods and our spirits each morning!

Join us and create your own version of "The Glad Ride." Who knows, maybe it'll brighten your day, too!

Happy happies to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment