Thursday, May 24, 2012

Weekend Inspiration....

Hello Sunshine Clip Art

I Know Something Good About You
Louis C. Shimon

Wouldn’t this old world be better
   If the folks we meet would say–
"I know something good about you!"
And treat us just that way?

Wouldn’t it be fine and dandy
   If each handclasp, fond and true,
Carried with it this assurance–
   "I know something good about you!"

Wouldn’t life be lots more happy
   If the good that’s in us all
Were the only thing about us
   That folks bothered to recall?

Wouldn’t life be lots more happy
   If we praised the good we see?
For there’s such a lot of goodness
   In the worst of you and me!

Wouldn’t it be nice to practice
   That fine way of thinking, too?
You know something good about me,
   I know something good about you.

I just LOVE this poem! I have it in my collection of inspirational writings because it just resonates with me. I think it's so important to remember a person's goodness. It just makes the world a happier place, don't you think? 

No comments:

Post a Comment